Earlier this October, Sylvac, the world's most innovative gauge maker introduce the first feeler gauge with digital display. The new gauge is a tool used to measure gap widths or the clearance between two parts by actually touching it. Just like any brand of feeler gauges, The Sylvac's newest gauges consist of a number of small lengths of steel leaves with different thicknesses and measurements marked on each piece.
Fig 1: Engineered with Sylvac's Swiss made sensor and electronics, they display the correct result by its flexible and swivable leaves even if they are all on the same hinge, as several number of them can be stacked together to gauge intermediate values.
Sylvac Digital Feeler Gage Smart features:
- Range of 0,05 mm - 100mm
- Switchable button for mm or inch version
- Built-in Bluetooth® 4.0 transmitter (HID) with transmission distance up to 15m
- Powered by standard CR2032 battery life up to 1 year
- No software, driver or dongle needed with HID (Can be connected directly to spreadsheet software without driver or any intermediary program)
- The feeler sleeve jaws are retractable for improved durability
- Water protected for heavy-duty work with coolants and lubricants, protection rating IP67 according to IEC 60529,
- Bluetooth data connectivity is highly compatible with various gauging brands, PC, display and smartphones
- Automatic wake-up by moving the electronic on his frame (Absolute System SIS)
- Sleeping mode after 20 min. of no use. (Absolute System SIS)
- Position memorized in sleeping mode (Absolute System SIS)
- Maximum speed of displacement : 2.5 m/sec
- Mechanical frame in stainless steel, hardened and grinded
- Great comfort of use thanks to its ergonomic frame
Furthermore, every leaf has been strictly calibrated to a different radius. The material of the leaves is stainless steel with special treatment. It also has two functions; to check the radius of inner and outer surfaces.
For the utmost versatility, the Sylvac leaves are available in both imperial (typically measured in thousandths of an inch) and metric (typically measured in hundredths of a millimetre) measurements. You did not have to 'feel' the clearance anymore and actually see the measurement result and transfer them over the Bluetooth's wireless connectivity. The digital functions will result in better repeatability and reduce the human influence of the inspector.
At LFC, we support Sylvac’s 48 years of unrivaled expertise on measuring instrument for maximum precision and economy for our customers with full after-sales support as well. Do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in discovering a prosperous future with Sylvac Feeler Gauge. Our exclusive distributorship with Sylvac will surely benefit you in any way possible.
We are look forward to work with you.
Your friends at LFC PTE LTD